Friday, September 18, 2026

A Short History of Ballet: From Old World to New World to AUSTIN, TEXAS (Part 2)

A celebrity recently got into trouble because he made a candid remark about ballet.  I see no reason to beat the guy up about it. It's his opinion. Hey! Everybody doesn't like ballet. Just like some folks don't like opera.

Don't get me started on opera. My roommate at university was an opera major. If it weren't for her, I might get into trouble for my comments about opera music. LOL. Thanks to her, I have a great appreciation for opera.

I like both ballet and opera; however, I'm on a limited income and can't afford to physically attend the programs. So I have to watch on YouTube or if the programs are aired on local television.

At any rate. This is a link to an article on my entertainment blog.
The readers may consider this blog post as a “Part 2”.
  • I'm glad ballet made it to America.
  • Ballet is very popular in Austin, Texas, where I live.
Ballet Austin

BalletAustin: The Nutcracker

🩰🩰

A Salute to Ballet Austin

Ballet Austin is among the 15 largest classical ballet companies in the United States country. [balletaustin.org], [balletplaces.com] It has been part of Austin's culture since 1956. It grew from a local ballet society into a nationally recognized institution. Dancers have performed internationally in countries including France, Canada, Italy, and Slovenia.

In 2002, the company was invited and performed at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C.
  • [SAD NOTE: It's 2026 and unfortunately POTUS Trump is upset because he can't have his name on the building, and people invited refuse the invitation and won't perform there. SO! NOW Trump wants to demolish the building! Yeah. It's real news. This isn't US politics. IT'S A TRAGEDY!!]
Ballet Austin focuses heavily on community outreach. They have an academy and offers classe for children as young as 15 months and serves hundreds of students each year. They also offer fitness, Pilates, hip-hop, hula, jazz, Broadway-style dance, and other movement classes for the public. Their mission ~ which they are proving is clearly NOT IMPOSSIBLE ~ emphasizes making dance accessible and engaging the wider community through education and wellness programs. Cool, huh?

Last, but not least, national critics love them.
  • The Washington Post called Ballet Austin "one of the nation's best-kept ballet secrets."

By publishing this content, I'm doing my part to NOT keep it a secret!

Ballet Austin The Long Center


P.S.  This just as thought. 🤔 If President Trump does DEMOLISH the Kennedy Center, perhaps those deemed worthy of being chosen as Kennedy Center Honorees could have the award presentation at the Long Center. It will still be the Kennedy Center Honors.  The people still deserve the honor.  The location will just be different because the place had to be changed due to HORRIFIC UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES.  We the People probably never even imagined the destruction of the Kennedy Center unless it was an act of God.

  • FUN FACT: The actual award presented to each honoree is a rainbow-colored medallion (or ribbon honors medallion), which has become one of the most recognizable symbols of the event. The gala itself is the centerpiece of the Honors weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Sponsors